I am disappointed that the most prominent media stories about Jon Stewart’s job of hosting the Oscars were so negative.
I for one thought he did a great job of hosting. Highlights for me:
– The gay cowboy movie montage ("This room isn’t big enough for the kind of goodbye I’m thinking of")
– His fake Scientology pitch after one of the commercial breaks
– His joke about Bjork and Dick Cheney
– All of the Daily Show-style political ads about candidates
– "Some of the women here couldn’t even afford enough material to cover their breasts!" (paraphrase)
I hope that he’s back. His hosting made the Oscars bearable this year.